New Source Audio SA270 EQ2 Programmable EQ Guitar Pedal
The EQ2 Programmable Equalizer is the most powerful and advanced equalizer pedal on the planet. This exceptional piece of gear builds off the legacy of its predecessor, the Source Audio Programmable EQ, a tremendously popular pedal that landed on the boards of numerous pro guitarists, including six-string icons David Gilmour and John Mayer. The updated EQ2 is a combination graphic and parametric equalizer with 10 fully adjustable frequency bands, stereo ins & outs, MIDI In and Thru jacks, 4 or 8 onboard presets, 128 MIDI accessible presets, an additional 12dB volume boost, and the ability to simultaneously run two separate and unique EQ settings, each of which can be independently routed to either stereo output. But wait, there's more: the EQ2 is also has a hidden TUNER function! How's that for saving space on your pedalboard?
The Programmable EQ packs plus or minus 18dB of range over seven frequency bands, plus an additional frequency band at 62Hz, accessible via the Octave Extend function. Engaging the Octave Extend systematically optimizes the pedal’s frequency spectrum to accommodate the specific frequency range of the bass. Once you’ve dialed in the desired guitar or bass tone, save it in one of four programmable user presets. Each preset is easily accessible via the hands-free footswitch scrolling function. Simply hold down the footswitch and let the pedal scroll through each preset at an adjustable rate – release to engage. The pedal’s MIDI input also provides remote access to user presets or engages/disengages the effect. Run a MIDI signal from your POD, Eventide Space reverb, TC Nova System or any other MIDI compatible multi-effects unit and vastly expand your tone horizon within each preset.
A Pedal for the Everymusician:
The Ultimate Tone-Sculpting Machine:
The EQ2 Programmable Equalizer is the perfect companion for any musician looking to enhance or add flexibility to their tone. The availability of the full audible frequency spectrum across 10 completely customizable bands means that EQ2 is the EQ pedal not just for guitar, but for any electrifiable instrument. This allows you to move each of the 10 bands to any point on the frequency spectrum from 20 to 20,000Hz. With +/- 18 dB of boost or cut on tap for each band, bandwidth adjustments up to 10 times more narrow, flexible routing and separate stereo curves, an optional noise gate and limiter, and a deep interactive editing software, plus some shelving and high-pass frequency options, EQ2 is the ultimate Swiss-army knife for your tone.
- 4-8 Onboard Presets: Edit, save, and scroll between 4 onboard presets, or 8 presets in Preset Extension Mode.
- 10 Band Graphic Equalizer: Use the EQ2's 10 adjustable frequency bands ranging from 31Hz to 16kHz with 18dB boost or cut to sculpt the perfect tone.
- Parametric Equalization Capabilities: Use the onboard controls or the Neuro Editor to adjust the frequency position and Q of each frequency bands.
- Simple 1-Knob Control Panel: A sleek pedal calls for a sleek control set. EQ2 is armed with a single, do-it-all encoder mode that is rotated, pressed, or held in different situations for ultimate flexibility.
- Onboard Chromatic Tuner: An onboard chromatic tuner adds to the flexibility and feature-set of the dynamic EQ2.
- Growing Library of Published Presets: For quick access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and the ever-growing Neuro Community.
- Unprecedented Sound Sculpting Options: The powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (Free download for Mac and Windows) and Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) offer maximum sound exploration and editing possibilities.
- 128 MIDI Accessible Factory Presets – The addition of a third party MIDI controller provides access to any of the pedal’s 128 presets as well as direct control of frequency bands, signal routing, output level, and more.
- Stereo Inputs and Outputs: Use the Neuro Editor’s routing options in conjunction with Split Mode to get the most out of EQ2’s flexibility.
- Compact Design – The durable, anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and sturdy hardware. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs).
- Universal Bypass – Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- USB Port - Class compliant USB-MIDI allows the EQ2 to work as a plug-and-play device with recording software running on Mac and Windows recording software or any third party MIDI controller with USB host. The USB port also offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor providing access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
- Two Way Mobile Communication – Brand new to the EQ2, the USB port now supports mobile connection, allowing for two-way communication between the Neuro App and your pedal. This also frees up the pedal’s Input 2 jack for other use purposes.
- External Expression and Switching Control — Use the Control Input jack with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal (expression control to multiple parameters) or Tap Switch (scroll presets and toggle settings).
The EQ2 responds to MIDI Program Change (PC) and Continuous Controller (CC) messages via its 5-pin DIN ports or its mini USB port. The USB port handles communication between the EQ2 and digital audio workstations (DAW) on Mac and Windows machines as well as external MIDI controllers.
- Preset Saving – Save up to 128 effect presets.
- MIDI Mapping – Use the Neuro Desktop Editor to easily map MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) messages to a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Preset Recall - Use MIDI CC numbers 103 & 104 or PC Messages to recall any of the EQ2’s 128 MIDI accessible presets.
- The Neuro Hub - Connect the EQ2 to the Neuro Hub and use MIDI CC messages to control parameters or recall presets
- Includes 9v DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Includes USB Mini cable for Neuro Moble App and Desktop Editor connection.
- Power Consumption — 180mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for firmware updates and the forthcoming in-depth effects editing software.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)
We Also Recommend
Used MXR M299 Carbon Copy Mini Analog Delay Guitar Effects Pedal
Used Dunlop FFM2 Ge Fuzz Face Mini Germanium Guitar Distortion Effects Pedal