New Keeley Red Dirt Germanium Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
A TS-style Drive with Real Germanium Character:
Robert Keeley must subscribe to the Bob Ross school of design. His "happy accident" of running a germanium transistor into a TS-style circuit led to one of his coolest overdrives yet: the Keeley Red Dirt Germanium overdrive. The RDG's deceptive simplicity conceals a wealth of expressive, dynamic, tubelike textures. This obsessively handbuilt pedal satisfies a wide range of musical tastes, from splatty Texas twang to oozing humbucker sludge and beyond. Cranking the Gain knob unearths supernatural sustain and feedback effects, while taking a spin on the Tone control dials in, or back, your guitar's natural chime without losing its crucial midrange components.
Full of Smooth, Tubelike Saturation:
Thanks to its custom-designed FET input stage, the Red Dirt Germanium overdrive colors your signal with sweet, tubelike breakup and expressive dynamics. Leads, rhythms, noise — this pedal handles it all. Sweetwater guitarists were most impressed with the range of gain on tap. Subtlety is no trouble for the Red Dirt Germanium. But where it really excels is its high-gain American saturation, which blends effortlessly into chaos with a little coaxing.
Handmade in Oklahoma, USA:
Robert and his team hand build all pedals one at a time, with Robert himself at the helm of quality control.
Robert Keeley Red Dirt Germanium Overdrive Pedal Features:
- A TS-style drive with classic germanium smoothness
- Blends sounds from Robert Keeley's Mod Plus and Baked pedals
- FET input stage introduces sweet, tubelike breakup and expressive dynamics
- Wide gain range —great for all guitar types
- Simple control set — dial in sounds in seconds
- Tight bass, powerful midrange
- Long-lasting sustain when cranked
- Proudly handmade in Edmond, Oklahoma
- Pedal Type: Overdrive
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- True Bypass: Yes
- Bypass Switching: True Bypass
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Batteries: Optional 9V battery
- Power Usage: 5.5mA
- Height: 1.8"
- Width: 2.6"
- Depth: 4.4"
- Weight: 0.57 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: KRedgerm
We Also Recommend
Used MXR M299 Carbon Copy Mini Analog Delay Guitar Effects Pedal