New J Rockett Hot Rubber Monkey HRM Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
The J Rockett Hot Rubber Monkey packs the sound of the most special D-style amp model — with the popular HRM mod — into one of the most expressive overdrive stompboxes you’ll ever hear. So, what does it sound like? Imagine a blooming, euphoric-sounding tone cascading into a hot-rodded, British-style tone stack. Throaty yet smooth. Spongy yet articulate. It’s sonic lightning in a bottle. And you can dial up your own personal tonal bliss with the Hot Rubber Monkey’s interactive tone-shaping controls. Robben Ford, John Mayer, Henry Kaiser, and Joe Bonamassa put this sound at the core of their guitar rigs, and thanks to the J Rockett Hot Rubber Monkey, so can you — it’s the elusive, expensive sound you’ve been chasing.
Thanks to the Hot Rubber Monkey’s interactive tone-shaping controls, you can achieve an endless array of sonic textures. The key word is interactive. The Treble control, at least on its own, sounds harsh. But as you turn up the Fat control, you’ll add a hot-rodded, mid-forward, British-style flavor to your sound, for which the Treble control dials in the bite — without a hint of shrillness. Likewise, increasing the Fat control also alters your output volume and gain level, so you’ll need to adjust the Level and Gain controls to compensate, which in turn affects your overall tone.
- Overdrive pedal that replicates a D-style amp with the HRM mod
- Interactive tone-shaping controls unlock a myriad of sonic textures
- Audio taper Level potentiometer supplies smooth volume transitions
- Gain knob balances your clean and overdriven signals
- Increasing the Fat control adds a hot-rodded, mid-forward, British-style flavor to your sound
- Treble knob adds chime and bite to your tone
- Amp-like, responsive, and ultimately mind-blowing
We Also Recommend
Used Dunlop FFM2 Ge Fuzz Face Mini Germanium Guitar Distortion Effects Pedal