New Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander V2 Monophonic Analog Synthesizer Pedal
With your purchase you will receive a New Fender Custom Shop Tweed 6 Inch Patch Cables and a New Fender Custom Shop Tweed 10 Foot Instrument Cable!
The Bit Commander is a monophonic analog guitar synthesizer with four octaves of vintage square wave synth tones. Its no-nonsense interface makes it easy to add or subtract octaves to create a wide variety of sounds without having to dial in envelopes or oscillators. Ripping sub-octave thump, pulsing octave down, a lightly squared base tone and a swelling transformer based octave up all join together to make a single guitar sound like an army of olde tyme synths.
Like all analog octave effects, there are some basic rules to follow that will get you the most enjoyment from your Bit Commander. Use the neck pickup and play single notes. The best tracking occurs from the 7th fret up on all the strings. Below the 7th will still track but there will be occasional glitches and stutters. The lower the note, the harder it is for the Bit Commander to register. The use of Bass and lower registers on keyboards will yield unexpected, sometimes pleasing, sometimes disgusting results. These are not mistakes or flaws, it is the nature of analog octaves.
Bit Commander V2 Features:
- Four voice analog octave synthesizer
- Sub-octave thump
- Pulsing octave down
- Lightly squared base tone
- Swelling transformer based octave up
- Filter control
- Silent soft-touch switching*
- All-analog dry signal path
- Hand made one at a time in the republic of Akron Ohio
- Lifetime guarantee
- Sub: Two octaves down level
- Down 1: One octave down level
- Up 1: One octave up level
- Base: Squared input signal level
- Level: Master volume
- Filter: Tone control, more highs clockwise, more warmth counter clockwise
- Analog, true bypass and hand made one at a time in the republic of Akron Ohio.
- 4 5/8″ x 2 1/2″ x 2.25″ with knobs
Power (Not Included):
- A standard 9 volt DC power supply with a negative center 2.1mm barrel, no battery option.